Join Our Team
JOB TITLE: Program Aide / Driver - Austin Adult Day Health Center
Starting Salary: $10.20/hour
Assist day center clients so that they are able participate fully in each day’s programming.
- Be prompt and reliable to agreed upon work schedule of agency.
- Drive daily routes in van, as necessary.
- Assist program participants in boarding and departing from vehicle and assure that they reach the center safely.
- Perform and document daily safety check on the vehicle you are driving.
- Assist on field trips and other special outside events as scheduled.
- Assist with activities with clients.
- Perform other duties as directed.
The Program Aide / Driver is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned as long as such actions do not deviate from established organizational policies and is consistent with sound professional judgment.
The Program Aide / Driver is hired by the Program Director or appropriate supervisor and is accountable to the Program Director at the site in which they are working. Establishment and maintenance of team-building relationships with supervisor, staff, volunteers, clients, and families is expected.
- Possess a good driving record.
- Sensitive to the needs of disabled and/or older adults, using patience, tact, and respect.
- Be flexible and versatile.
- Previous experience with older adults is desirable.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks during shift duty requiring stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Ability to lift 130 pounds safely and with assistance.
- Possess a commitment to the purpose, objectives, and goals of the agency.
Job performance will be evaluated at the end of the first three months of employment and at least once a year thereafter. The performance appraisal will be conducted by the Program Director or appropriate supervisor.
It is understood that this document may be changed in the future in the best interest of the agency and/or the people served. Any changes will be discussed with the incumbent.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Heidi Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org; fax 512-451-3110). Email submissions are preferred. Please, no phone calls. Updated 2/17/2017.