Join Our Team
JOB TITLE:†Certified Nurse Aide / Driver - Austin Adult Day Health Center
Starting Salary: $10.00/hour
Provide assistance in all areas of client services and care.
- Be prompt and reliable to agreed upon work schedule
- Become familiar with and responsive to clients and their individual needs
- Keep accurate daily documentation of clients
- Assist clients with personal needs so that they can fully participate in and enjoy activities at the day center (including personal hygiene, toileting, incontinent care, walking and transferring, eating, and participating in activities)
- Record client weight and take and record vital signs as required
- Transport members to and from the day center in agency vehicle
- Assist members in boarding and departing from vehicle and assure that they arrive at home or at the day center safely
- Perform and document daily safety checks on the vehicle you are driving
- Perform other duties as directed
The Certified Nurse Aide is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities as long as such action does not deviate from established organizational policies and is consistent with sound professional judgment.
- The Certified Nurse Aide is selected by the Program Director or appropriate supervisor and is accountable to him/her.† The facility nurse will supervise any medically related functions.
- Establishment and maintenance of team-building relationships with supervisor, staff, volunteers, clients and their families is expected.
- Be on the State of Texas Nurse Aide Registry
- Be flexible, versatile, and able to work as an effective team member
- Possess a good driving record and a current Texas Driverís License
- Be sensitive to the needs of older adults and those with cognitive impairment, using patience, tact, and respect
- Previous experience with older adults is desirable
- Able to accomplish multiple tasks during shift duty requiring stooping, bending, and lifting
- Able to lift 130 pounds safely and with assistance
- Possess a commitment to the purpose, objectives, and goals of the agency
Job performance will be evaluated at the end of the first three months of employment and at least once a year thereafter.† The performance appraisal will be conducted by the Program Director or appropriate supervisor.
It is understood that this document may be changed in the future in the best interest of the agency and/or the people served.† Any changes will be discussed with the incumbent.††
All applicants must email a resume and cover letter to Heidi Fischer, Center Director, at†firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls are not accepted, and position open until filled.††Updated 12/09/2016.